There are some brands that people connect with so much that they’re compelled to wait in line at the openings, announcements of new products, Black Friday Sales, etc.
Check out the fans of the Twilight Series and the newest movie, Breaking Dawn 2. People (mostly girls) brought their sleeping bags and camped out to see the stars walk the red carpet for the opening.
Apple also have people waiting in line when they announce a new product and my sponsor, Microsoft Store, had people waiting to enter a contest at their retail store.
What Does it Take to Build These Kinds of Raving Fans for Your Business?
- Use customer appreciation as a marketing strategy: Have a gifting program and send them regularly to high-level clients and people who refer you. Produce promotional items with your business name on them. I give out shopping cart magnets and people come up to me years later and thank me for them. Food gifts are always good such as gift baskets and gratitude cookies. If you’ve written a book, send customers an autographed copy.
- Ask for testimonials: There are magic moments when you can get customer testimonials. Ask when you’ve delivered the product or service and the client thinks you’re wonderful. Don’t wait for the testimonial. Record an audio testimonial, use your flip cam or video recorder on your camera, write a few testimonials and have them pick one.
- Make your business personal: Do thorough intake and success profiles. Find out your clients’ favorite places to travel, favorite colors, etc. Learn about their families.
- Have contests and giveaways: They get people involved in your brand and create great word of mouth.
- Have special promotions for your top clients: Example: Department stores letting their top clients know the day before a sale begins